We're looking for an incredible Press Officer to join our small in-house team, with the primary responsibility of ensuring stellar coverage for the Christmas period! This is an exciting in-house opportunity for someone looking to further their career within the consumer PR industry. We cover a variety of sectors, from homeware and lifestyle, to consumer tech, food, drink and more. So experience in any of these areas would be beneficial.
Moreover, we want someone who can think outside the box and bring in fresh ideas that support our customer acquisition strategies and campaigns.
You will be required to:
What we're looking for:
- Assist with planning and facilitating PR strategy
- Liaise with media on product placement
- Manage the product loan system and maintain media lists
- Network and build positive working relationships with the media
- Ensure all publicity is made available to and directed toward the appropriate media
- Collate figures and write reports for the Head of PR
- Research and write press releases and features
- Assist with organising events and promotions
- Analyse media coverage for reports
- Prepare press packs
- Carry out follow-up work as required by media contacts, the Press Officer, or the Head of PR
- Assist with organising press launches
- Assist with managing the PR aspect of a possible crisis situation
- Ideally 1-2 year's experience gained either in an agency role or an in-house press office, with a degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or other relevant subject
- Experience of news-worthy, consumer driven communications and evidence of strong media contacts
- Experience working with a variety of media, including the national, local and trade media across press, broadcast and digital
- Experience working on influencer campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A solid understanding of social media
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines where required
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Be enthusiastic, motivated, committed and fun!
The role will be reviewed at the end of a three month probationary period for a potential full-time position. You will be reporting to the Head of PR, and based in our Shoreditch office (map
Dependent on experience
Please contact: email@example.com
with your CV and a covering letter telling us why Firebox is the company for you. We'd also like you to tell us which would be your dream Firebox product to promote; which product would you pick and how would you create a campaign for the launch.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We are Firebox.com
A London-based independent lifestyle and gifting retailer disrupting the marketplace with a highly curated mix of alternative homeware, lifestyle accessories, gadgets, food, drink and gifts.
We are passionate about cool products and are dedicated to inspiring our customers with youthful energy and our 'Not for Everyone' attitude.
We are on a mission to to shake things up and get people to embrace their more imaginative side. If you find our mission exciting and share the same outlook as us - then get in touch!
One of our core values is blurring the line between working hard and having fun. We are looking for passionate, smart people who share this same outlook to join our Firebox team.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work for a fast-paced creative e-commerce company
- Office right on Spitalfields doorstep
- Relaxed working environment, we are not corporate (there is no dress code!)
- Generous staff discounts