We’re looking for a talented Head of E-Commerce to join our work family and grow Firebox.com into an international gifting powerhouse.
The right person will…
Working closely with, and reporting to the Managing Director the new role will oversee the retail side of our business whilst leading key departments and resources.
This is an amazing opportunity to define, develop and deliver an ambitious retail strategy that helps us finally fulfil our massive potential as a cult gift brand.
- Get things done - by knowing which dominoes to push and which ideas to nurture (or kill)
- Have a deep understanding and passion for Marketing with proven experience in defining and delivering effective marketing strategies
- Full responsibility for executing effectively across the whole marketing funnel
- Develop clear channel strategies and KPI’s , then guide our Marketing Manager and other internal resources (plus developing key 3rd party relationships) to deliver brilliantly
- Ownership of Marketing budgets and finding creative and cost-effective ways to attract and retain customers
- Increase brand awareness, reach new audiences and convert them into valuable and loyal repeat customers
- Lead by execution. Take our wealth of ideas (your own and those of the Firebox Hive Mind) and turn them into brilliant customer-facing services and experiences quickly and without (too much) dilution
- Be a project management ace; know how to be responsible for driving priorities and getting departments to cooperate to timelines and deadlines
- Possess deep knowledge of the affiliate landscape, partnerships, SEO, CRM, loyalty, Google shopping, PPC, print and email - and where opportunities exist
- Display brilliant reporting skills; being the key stakeholder for delivering regular insight and updates to Ops team/across the Firebox business
- Enthusiastically lead/manage/develop/mentor departmental heads across Marketing, Buying, Operations/Customer Service and Experience and work harmoniously with others
- Champion the customer within the company - for clues on how to meet their needs and provide amazing service
- Work closely with the Chief Creative Officer and key stakeholders to infuse the Firebox brand values and creativity across all marketing campaigns
- Know how to oversee the operational side of our retail business - developing the warehouse, value-add services and delivery offering into best in class
- Obsessive about improving all aspects of the Firebox experience - services, UX, conversion, delivery etc
- Own the Firebox promotional activity calendar
- Hold varied platform/site experience, in particular, bespoke sites and Shopify Plus
- Knowledge of B2B businesses and how they overlap with the retail business enviable
- Experience of growing and developing strategies for marketplaces (eBay, Amazon etc) a bonus
- You’ll be...inquisitive, friendly, smart and ambitious
- Highly literate in data gathering, presenting, analysis and insight
- Leftfield thinker with a good sense of humour and a joy for life
- Business savvy, self-starter with a positive attitude and lust for learning
- Passionate about our products, and the value of gifting
- Analytically minded with a passion for finding real insight in our data
- Reporting, dashboards, GA, spreadsheets, A/B testing, Project Management software, chalk - whatever it takes to make sense of our opportunities and challenges
- Understand the difference between causation and correlation and know your pirate metrics from your vanity metrics
- An abundance of soft skills to help guide your direct reports and provide a foil for the Ops team
Competitive salary and benefits
- Highly intelligent. It doesn’t matter if that’s self-taught, degree, school of life, experience or a mixture of all of them
- Track record in similar roles, with relevant management experience and success
Even more competitive opportunity for fun and impact
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
with your CV and a cover letter telling us why Firebox is the company for you.
We are Firebox.com
Firebox is not for everyone. We are a 21 year old pureplay cult gifting retailer, with ambitious goals to drive brand growth and over-deliver on the gifting experience.
We create our own products and curate the best of the rest to provide unusual, shareable gifts and sub-brands.
We want to take risks. We want to act quickly. We don’t mess around when it comes to mucking about.
Based in Spitalfields, London.
Relaxed working environment, we are not corporate (there is no dress code!)
Numerous office dogs.