Who are we looking for:
We’re looking for a talented individual to join the Firebox team and lead our Marketing strategy. You will be responsible for creating, planning and executing the overall strategy for acquisition, conversion and retention of the Firebox customer base.
You'll manage two talented Growth & Marketing Executives, a UX designer and report directly to the Managing Director.
Be responsible for the performance and communication of Firebox marketing efforts.
Plan and execute online marketing strategy across all channels, setting targets and steering progress to meet them.
Possess a Growth Hacking mindset before a ‘traditional’ budget spend one.
Define key metrics, help mine the data, identify opportunities and deliver growth.
Know your pirate metrics from your vanity metrics, and be capable of identifying the right data across multiple areas.
Understand the challenges and opportunities of online retail.
Help analyse and segment our existing customer base, improve LTV and attract more users.
Understand the Firebox brand voice and tone, working with our content and design teams to deliver across campaigns.
Be capable of both big-picture thinking and detail.
Have proven project management skills.
Although you will have a decent budget at your disposal, you will be focussing mostly on ‘Growth Hacking’ your way to success.
Working alongside various departments to understand our customers, optimise all aspects of our marketing, deliver innovative campaigns and build solid top-line growth.
Regularly report to the Management Team on targets and progress.
Where others zig, you will look to zag.
Google Analytics - in-depth knowledge of Google Analytics and its use to understand:
- User insights
- Marketing campaign performance
- Product performance
- Website user behaviour
- Opportunities for improvements
Internal reporting information - use of internal reporting information to analyse performance and identify business opportunities.
eCommerce, UX and CRO (conversion optimisation) - constantly look for opportunities to improve the website user-experience journey, site architecture, site speed, performance and identify technical growth opportunities (Refer-a-friend, Offers, Notifications, Data-driven parts of the site) using data insights gathered from GA and our internal reporting tool.
SEO - in-depth understanding of the latest SEO best practices, ranking factors (on-page and off-page SEO), Google algorithm updates and continue to drive our SEO rankings higher.
Brand Awareness and Direct Response: Have a strong understanding of the balance needed between the two areas to drive growth.
Email marketing - good practical knowledge of email marketing, customer segmentation, spam filter triggers, dedicated IP usage and acquisition and retention practices, GDPR best practices.
Affiliates - develop strong relationships with relevant affiliate websites to drive sales and generate brand awareness.
PPC Marketing - strong use and understanding of AdWords. Manage and optimise:
- Paid Search Campaigns
- Shopping Campaigns
- Remarketing Campaigns
- Display Campaigns
Paid Social Media - use social media channels to drive brand awareness, new customer acquisition and retention and promote products.
Offer Calendar - Work alongside our in-house Buying team to determine the most effective dates to run offers and the type of offers that should be utilised. Report on offer performance to inform future offer decisions.
Marketing Budget - Find optimised ways to attract and retain customers and increase brand awareness.
You should be:
- Analytical, ambitious and creative
- A voracious reader of books, ideas, blogs and industry news (The Google Blog, Search Engine Land, Avinash Kaushik, Think with Google, UX and CRO blogs such as Conversion XL)
- An energetic self starter with a good sense of humour
- A great communicator with excellent negotiation skills
- A people person
- An innovative thinker
- An idea machine
- Love Firebox and our products - be an ambassador and evangelist
- Be built with value for money in mind, rather than traditional budget ideas with low ROI (rarely having to trot out the excuse - ‘it was a good brand exercise!’)
- Prepared to roll up your sleeves and work hard and smart
- 5+ years experience in a digital marketing role – you live and breathe it
- Google tools: Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, AdWords, Google Merchant Centre
- SEO tools: SEMRush, Moz, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog or similar
- ESP: MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Silverpop, or similar
- Transactional email tools: Mandrill or similar
- Email testing tools: Litmus or similar
- Affiliates: Awin, TradeDoubler or similar
- Other useful skills: Excel (Pivot tables, functions), DataStudio
- Fluent English
Competitive for the right person. Dependent on experience. Incredible opportunity. Full time, based in our Spitalfields office
Please send your C.V. and covering email to email@example.com
with answers to the following:
- Why you’re right for this role and for Firebox
- Which Firebox products you love and why
We are Firebox.com.
A London-based independent lifestyle and gifting retailer disrupting the marketplace with a highly curated mix of alternative homeware, lifestyle accessories, gadgets, food, drink and gifts.
We are passionate about cool products and are dedicated to inspiring our customers with youthful energy and our ‘Not for Everyone’ attitude.
We are on a mission to to shake things up and get people to embrace their more imaginative side. If you find our mission exciting and share the same outlook as us - then get in touch!
One of our core values is blurring the line between working hard and having fun. We are looking for passionate, smart people who share this same outlook to join our Firebox team.
What we offer:
- Office right on Spitalfields doorstep
- Opportunity to work for a fast-paced creative e-commerce company
- Company Pension
- 25 days holiday, exc Bank Holidays
- Relaxed working environment, we are not corporate (there is no dress code!)
- Generous staff discounts