We can wrap this. Select at basket.
- The ultimate celebration of LGBTQ+ culture
- Learn who and what helped shape the LGBTQ+ community today
- Featuring stories of queer pioneers, celebrities and unsung heroes
- An essential timeline of queer rights, festivals and events
- It’s not all just rainbows and Stonewall, y’know!
Whether you’re proudly out, barely peeking out of the closet, or just a friend to the community, there’s probably a lot you don’t know about LGBTQ+ culture. Especially if you’re one of those people who thinks RuPaul is basically the long and short of it. You’ve got some work to do, hun!
Both allies and card-carrying queers can learn a thing or two from this lovely hardback compendium of all things LGBTQ+. From stories of gay heroes to transgender game changers, this lovely book is a wild ride through the timeline of all the people and events who helped shaped the community into the wonderful scene it is today.
Fun fact: Henry VIII made sodomy punishable by death in 1533! Wait, that’s not fun. Let’s try again. The first recorded same-sex marriage took place in the Roman Empire in 27 BC. Nice! Shame history sort of went backwards after that but at least things are on the up now.
More detail and specification