- All you need to cure yourself some mouth-watering bacon
- Includes 3 flavours of bacon cure, curing bags and pop up thermometers
- Within a week you’ll be scoffing scrumptious rashers
- All you need is 1kg of pork
- Nothing compares to the salty sweetness of pork flesh
- Mmm, bacon
This one is sure to bring a little joy to all you bacon extremists out there. Seeing as Firebox is something of a bacon luminary (the majority of us being hardcore bacon junkies) it only made sense for us to box up our passion for the masses. So, without further ado, let us introduce to you the Make Your Own Bacon kit.
Packed with enough ingredients and equipment to cure three batches of bacon. For each batch you’ll need to get your mitts on 1kg of good quality pork belly (to make streaky bacon) or loin (for back bacon). Both of these pork varieties should be easily available from your local butcher or supermarket.
Now for the curing...
Each kit contains 3 flavours of bacon cure (original, sweet and smoked), curing bags and pop up thermometers.
- Pop your pork (lol) into a curing bag and add appropriate cure
- Use the included card to measure thickness of pork, this will determine how long it needs to cure. Allow one day per half inch, plus two days
- Put the pork in the fridge, flip every other day
- After the set curing time remove the pork from fridge and wash
- Pat dry and insert one of the thermometers into the pork
- Place pork in oven and leave until meat thermometer has popped up
- Remove pork and allow to cool at room temperature
- Slice to your desired thickness and your bacon's now ready to be fried or grilled!
Due to the nature of this product, we are unable to offer our usual 30-day, no-quibble returns policy, if you later change your mind, or otherwise decide to return the product through no fault of Firebox. Click here for more info.
More detail and specification