- Savour the gourmet ingredients of the future
- Each snack box contains around 15 delicious grasshoppers
- 3 flavours - Greek Spices, Fruity Curry, Paprika
- Packed full of protein, fibre, B vitamins, and omegas 3 & 6
- Infinitely more sustainable than a field full of farting cows
There was once a time when the likes of caviar, oysters and quinoa were sneered at by high society and left for the peasants to consume. Well look at them now (not the peasants, they're long gone) – luxurious gourmet delights!
Edible insects are next in line to join this culinary dynasty, and we all know that the early bird catches the worm, or in this case – the grasshopper.
Despite the slightly Disney-inspired name, Jimini's Edible Grasshoppers
aren't some novelty foodstuff – they're exceedingly delicious and a fantastic source of healthy nutrients.
- Roughly 40g of protein per 100g
- Contain all 9 essential amino acids
- Similar levels of Omegas 3 & 6 to fish
- Levels of Vitamin B1, B2 & B12 comparable to beef
- 2x more iron than in Spinach
Better still, these chirpy little fellas are super sustainable
and easier on the environment than most traditional foods. They require much less space, water and food to produce and they release 99% fewer greenhouse gases than cows.
Enough of the 'boring' facts, stop reading and treat yourself to a bag of these diminutive delights.
Due to the nature of this product, we are unable to offer our usual 30-day, no-quibble returns policy, if you later change your mind, or otherwise decide to return the product through no fault of Firebox. Click here for more info.
More detail and specification