- Iconic women, finally getting the boozy tributes they deserve
- 60 original cocktail recipes inspired by powerful women
- We’re talking Serena Williams, Rihanna, Virginia Woolf, Yoko Ono…
- Deceptively simple recipes for cocktails with serious flair
- Beautifully illustrated, too, might we add
From Serena Williams to Marlene Dietrich and Virginia Woolf, 60 powerful women provide the inspiration for cocktail recipes in Jennifer Croll’s cocktail book “Free The Tipple.” Including vivid illustrations from NYC-based artist Kelly Shami, the book truly celebrates icons across many disciplines. And Croll does a superb job of tying the drinks’ ingredients back to the inspiration, whether it’s the use of earthly components (like beets) for Marina Abramovi or champagne for Coco Chanel.
It’s about time we raised a glass to this set of brilliant babes. Throughout the 20th and 21st centuries, they’ve blazed trails, changed the world, and frankly slayed. And now you get to drink cocktails inspired by them all - what a time to be alive!
Of course, we can’t reveal the full recipes, but within minutes of having this book in your manicured paws, you could be quaffing the Gloria Steinem - that’s a complex liquor blend with a radical twist, or the Beyonce, which contains lemonade of course - and don’t get us started on Marina Abramović’s earthy secret ingredient.
Celebrating iconic women? We’ll drink to that.
More detail and specification