- It’s a Catbus mug!
- You know… THAT Catbus
- Pretty damn adorable if we do say so ourselves
- Sadly doesn’t have windows like the real Catbus
- 100% unofficial tribute to Studio Ghibli’s My Neighbour Totoro!
Catbus. A big grinning fuzzy cat with twelve legs, who is also a bus. From one scene. In one film. Yet you know exactly who he is. ICONIC.
Except, this time, instead of ferrying around passengers, he’s transporting a lovely hot drink of tea to your lips. Oh, and he has a nice lid (with cute little cat ears) to keep your cuppa hot.
Not a lot else to say, so we’ll wrap this up with a fun fact: in 2013, scientists in Vietnam decided to name a newly discovered species of velvet worm the Eoperipatus Totoro
because of its resemblance to the multi-legged Catbus. Neat!
- Unlike the real Catbus in the film, this mug can’t withstand dishwasher or microwave use
- A rinse under the tap or a dip in the sink will do nicely
More detail and specification