No, it's not a rare, jungle-dwelling arachnid with a penchant for catching colourful birds, the Parrot Rolling Spider is an ultra-compact and nimble drone that you control with your smartphone.
It's six times lighter than the original AR Drone yet it possesses all the same incredible flight stability thanks to an intelligent autopilot based on a 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer. The exclusive free-fall take-off mode fires up the engines as soon as you drop it – even the most haphazard of pilot woulds have trouble crashing it!
Able to reach top speeds of 18 km/h; you can attach a set of removable wheels to cruise along floors, walls and ceilings, or take to the skies and carry out a series of audacious mid-air acrobatics using the free FreeFlight 3 app. Perform half and u-turns with just a single swipe, execute front and rear loops in one click. Best of all you can snap up the all the action on the embedded 360px mini-camera.
- Compatible with devices running iOS and Android, and from October 2014 under Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1.
- Lightweight and nimble drone
- Easily controlled using your smartphone (connects via Bluetooth)
- Wireless range of up to 20 metres
- Carry out mid-air acrobatics with the free FreeFlight 3 app
- Detachable wheels for driving on the floor, walls and ceiling
- One of the most stable flying drones in the world
- Features an exclusive free-fall take-off mode
- Autopilot based on a 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer
- Ultrasonic sensor for precision flying near the ground
- Plastic structure specifically designed for robustness
- Battery lasts up to 8 minutes (6 min with wheels). Recharges in just 1 hour
- Choose from three colours - red, white and blue
- Comes with a set of 12 stickers for customizing
- Weighs just 55g (65g with wheels attached)
- Kit includes: 1 Rolling Spider, 1 battery, 2 wheels, 1 set of stickers, 1 quick start guide
- Rolling Spider diameter: 140 mm
- Propellers' diameter: 55mm
- Motor spacing: 85 mm