If you're not phased by a small (roughly mouse-sized) amount of blood and gore, then why not join the fastest growing trend in London – Taxidermy!
Based on traditional techniques dating back to Victorian times, this thoughtfully put-together kit contains everything a budding taxidermist needs to transform that stone cold rodent into an exquisite ornamental mouse. From surgical gloves and long-nosed pliers, to galvanised wire and tanning solution. Naturally the kit doesn't include a mouse but it does have an extensive list of ethical suppliers to source your rodent from.
Written from hands-on experience, the simple step-by-step guide covers each part of the taxidermy process, from skinning and preparation through to stuffing and positioning. Fully illustrated, each instruction is easy to follow and accompanied by a close-up photograph of the author at work.
In less than four hours you'll have your very own happy little mouse and the perfect eccentric talking point for your living room. We'll leave it up to you whether you want to dress it up in doll's clothes and give it a tiny pipe so that it looks like Hugh Hefner.
This item cannot be sold to anyone under the age of 18.
By purchasing this product you confirm that you are 18 years of age or older. If you purchase this item with a credit/debit card that is available to under 18s, we will contact you to request proof of your age before your order is despatched.
- Not for the faint-hearted. There will be a little bit of blood and gore (you're opening up a mouse after all)
- This kit does not include a mouse. It does however include a full list of ethical suppliers to source your rodent from. These are bred as feeder animals for snakes and lizards. Not only would they be discarded if they weren’t sold but the reptiles who eat them wouldn’t be able to survive if the feeder rodents weren’t commercially available. Unlike us omnivores the majority of reptilian species don’t have the option of being vegetarian.
- Tiny newspaper and armchair not included
- Seventy easy to follow steps that teach you to skin, prep, preserve, mount and position a mouse in under four hours
- A fully illustrated guide. Each step is accompanied by a close up photograph of the author at work.
- Written from hands on experience, the author Margot Magpie teaches the perennially sold-out taxidermy course at The Last Tuesday Society in London
- Covers all 38 species of mouse
- Kit includes: 1 Mouse Taxidermy Workshop Manual, 65 mm of Liquacure Tanning Solution, 200 grams Borax, Surgical gloves, PVA Glue, Cotton wool, Wool String, Galvanised wire, Scalpel, Glass Beads, Linen thread and Needle nose pliers
- Measures approximately 22cm(W) x 16cm(H) x 5.5cm(D)