Polaroid cameras were undeniably cool, and nothing has really come close to emulating that retro photography experience and the satisfaction of instantly holding and sharing your photos, until now.
The Impossible Instant Lab transforms your iPhone images into real, one-of-a-kind instant photographs that you can stroke and caress. Your pictures are too good to remain buried away in the dark depths of your mobile phone. You need to free them, give them life. Turn those spiritless pixels into something physical.
No unnecessary dials, buttons, controls. Simply select a picture on your iPhone, place the phone on the cradle, press the eject button – that's it. Within seconds it ejects your analog instant photo, ready to develop in the palm of your hand.
Unlike a photo printer, the Instant Lab doesn't spray ink onto the paper. It intertwines the digital and analog worlds. Being a real camera, it uses a special four element coated glass lens to take a photo from your iPhone's display and lets it develop inside the layers of the integral film. It's a purely photochemical (magic) process that results in a totally unique image that is completely different from the output of a printer.
It's gone full circle. It's become far too easy to just take a picture and let it fester amongst thousands of others on your phone. It's lost its meaning. The time has come to embrace physical photos again.
- Compatible with iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5S or iPod Touch 4th/5th
- Compatible with all Impossible project film, though they recommend Impossible film for Polaroid SX-70-type
- Transform pictures from your iPhone into physical analog photos
- It doesn't matter whether your digital image was shot with your phone or created in Adobe Photoshop – any image on your phone's display can be turned into a real analog instant photo
- Funded by thousands of adoring fans on Kickstarter so you know it's good
- Free iOS app for photo exposure (download from iTunes App Store
- Rechargable Li-Ion battery 7.4V / 2.33VAh(Wh), 300 mAh
- Easily charged via the included USB power adapter
- Optical System: 4 element coated glass lens, wide-angle
- Focal length 149.6mm
- Protective Microfiber Pouch
- Printed Quick Start guide and User Manual
- Discount code voucher for first film order
- Measures approximately 15cm(W) x 11cm(H) x 6cm(D) (Collapsed)
- Measures approximately 15cm(W) x 11cm(H) x 17.5cm(D) (Expanded)
- Weighs approximately 460g