There's no denying that mustard is an acquired taste. But even if you don't yet appreciate the delicious eye-watering spice and refreshing nasal sensations, perhaps you can learn to love them by making this classic condiment yourself – with the Brooklyn DIY Mustard Kit.
Assembled by a superhuman pair of Brooklyn-based craftsters, who live to make stuff and want to make it just as easy for you to do the same. From luxurious lip balms to sensuous massage bars, they’ve taken the legwork out of DIY, sourcing and packing their kits with expertise and love so that all you have to do is start making.
Containing all the components you need, the instructions are concise and easy to follow yet refreshingly open-ended; leaving all of the juicy variables like the heat, sweetness and texture completely up to you. Add beer, wine, honey, herbs and spices – whatever you can muster(d) and create something unique and delicious.
- Mustard is the Fidel Castro of the condiment world, it has a phenomenal shelf life/is practically immortal
- Homemade mustard has the potential to be far hotter and more intensely flavored than commercial preparations
- Additional supplies needed (you will probably already own most of these): 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup of water, 1 teaspoon salt, mixing bowl, immersion blender/pestle and mortar or another way of crushing the mustard seeds, fresh herbs (optional), honey (optional), beer/wine/sherry (optional)
- Due to the nature of this product, we are unable to offer our usual 30-day, no-quibble returns policy, if you later change your mind, or otherwise decide to return the product through no fault of Firebox. Click here for more info.
- Easily make your own delicious nose-tingling mustard
- Concise yet open-ended instructions let you create something unique and personal
- Kit Includes:
- Jar (170ml)
- Brown Mustard Seeds
- Yellow Mustard Seeds
- Mustard Powder
- Easy-to-follow Instruction Booklet
- Kit measures approximately 22cm(W) x 14cm(H) x 7cm(D)