Bear Grylls has shown us that out in the wild you can wring out a large clump of juicy cow dung and enjoy a brief,
bitter squirt of brown juice. This isn't hydration, this is showing off – and we're not impressed.
No longer is there a need to carry around a bulky water-purifying bottle, watching it tantalisingly drip through a filter,
dreaming of even an egg cup's-worth of drinking water before sundown.
We present to you the LifeStraw - your very own portable instant water filter. Granted it's up to you to track down a
water source, but once you've found one (whether that be a stagnating lake or a muddy puddle), just sip through the
straw and bask in the knowledge that you're tasting safe drinking-water.
This powerful purification pipe removes 99.9999% of water-borne bacteria as well as a whole host of other parasites
and nasties so you can enjoy safe sipping away from home. (No one actually knows what that 0.0001% is but it's
probably good for you anyway*)
Scared? Don't be. It's been rigorously lab tested, and there is a bounty of Youtube footage featuring people enjoying
hearty sips of cool toilet-water refreshment.
Unlike a lot of filters which regularly need replacing, the LifeStraw filters at least 1000 litres of contaminated water,
so even if your a stickler for guzzling 8 cups of water each day you're looking at a handsome three years of usage!
Whether you're an intrepid explorer trekking round the world, camping in the Alps or just going for a pleasant forest
stroll - it's the perfect travel companion. So pop one in your pocket and get close to nature, really close.
- Regularly blow through your LifeStraw after drinking to keep the filters clean and to prevent them from clogging.
- Whilst the LifesStraw can filter contaminated water it cannot purify sea water.
Bacteria and protozoa removed include:
- Safe and clean drinking-water out and about
- Filters at least 1,000 liters of water
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Weighs just 2oz!
- Handy lanyard included as well as a cap for the mouth piece and end piece
- Contains no chemicals/BPA Free
- Requires no electrical power, batteries or replacement parts
- Lasts for 5 years when stored at room temperature.
- Escherichia coli
- Vibrio cholerae
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Giardia lamblia ("Beaver Fever")
- Cryptosporidium Parvum
- Entamoeba histolytica
- Measures approximately 22.5cm(L) x 1.5cm(Ø)