A few years ago, Mr Bingo sent an offensive postcard to a complete stranger called Jonathan. Jonathan absolutely loved it. So Mr Bingo launched a website; strangers were invited to pay him in return for a really offensive postcard sent to them.
It was so popular it was shut down. People just wanted to be sworn at and mocked by a stranger, via good old fashioned snail mail.
Hate Mail showcases the best of the bunch; the words are pithy and the drawings are beautiful. “Dear Alex, you are just another generic drone, wandering around, waiting for the weekend”, Mr Bingo writes, and who are we to argue with that?
- If you don’t like swearing you definitely won’t like this book
- Some of the pictures are probably offensive too
- So yes – it contains explicit content
- This is a collection of postcard images rather than actual postcards you can tear out and send to unwitting friends and co-workers
- Collection of 100 original ‘Hate Mail’ postcards
- Created by now renowned London illustrator ‘Mr Bingo’
- Hardcover: 208 pages
- Measures approximately 18.6cm(W) x 14.2cm(H) x 2.4cm(D)