The Coolest Things You Can Buy
Lifeproof for iPhone 5
Lifeproof for iPhone 5
iPhone cases come in all shapes, colours, sizes and smells. But how much protection do they offer your lovingly designed Apple device? Generally you can either choose a slim and stylish one that looks lovely but offers no protection; or you can choose a chunky and cumbersome one that makes your iPhone virtually bombproof, but looks like the compacted remains of a lorry.
The original Lifeproof was developed in secret military bunkers and space-laboratories to not only protect your mobile from drops, knocks and splashes; but to also enhance the functions of your iPhone. So you know that the Lifeproof for iPhone 5 is no mere re-badge; it’s an absolute upgrade for a new generation.
Slimmer, sleeker, lighter, louder and stronger; the new iPhone 5 version features double AR-coated optical glass and a tough, barely visible, clear touchscreen film; providing full protection with no loss of functionality, not to mention the IP-68 rated case itself.
Creating a total seal around your iPhone 5, you can happily play Angry Birds or take care of business, whether from the bottom of the swimming pool, deep in the desert or struggling through a snowstorm. No matter what life throws at you.
- Read the assembly instructions carefully
- Does not include iPhone 5
- Also compatible with the iPhone 5s but will prevent access to the fingerprint security button
- Protects against every-day hazards: full IP-68 rating against water and dust, and designed to Military Specifications
- High degree of shock and impact protection: tested to Military Specifications MIL-STD-810F-516.5 (2 meters/6.6ft drop on all surfaces and edges. 26 tests)
- Fully sealed protection against minute dust particles
- Includes bonus General User Headphone Adaptor and Keeper for headphone jack cover
- Ability to swim and take underwater (2 meters/6.6ft depth). Optional Swimming Headphone Adapter allows use of waterproof headphones underwater Mil-Spec protection that allows you to go anywhere, anytime, and do anything with carefree freedom
- Ultra-slim and adds only 1/16” (1.5mm) when measured from the centre of the phone
- Weighs less than an ounce (28g)
- Unique combination of materials that will not stick to your pocket
- Full Functionality
- Double AR-coated optical glass lenses provide unprecedented crystal-clear photo and video quality
- All phone features are operational while maintaining a high level of protection
- Improves the bass and mid-frequency speaker response by utilizing the back of the case as a sub-woofer for a richer, fuller sound
- Measures approximately 1.2cm(D) x 6.7cm(W) x 13.7cm(H)
- Weighs approximately 30g
Does it come with a guarantee? In that if anything happens to your iPhone it will be replaced.
Paul, Derby - 4th November 2013
Brilliant! I took this underwater and took photos and videos in my hot tub and my phone still works!
Fin, Cornwall - 3rd November 2013
As an ex-owner of a broken screened Iphone 4 - I relished at the chance to get some nifty protection for my iphone 5.
I couldn't wait for Lifeproof to arrive - although when I opened the box and looked at the casing I thought it was a little flimsy...
HOW WRONG WAS! Once you get that bad boy on your phone you realize why it's so snug fitting and sturdy.
I even went to my local bar to show them, who didn't believe it was waterproof. So as a challenge they offered me a cocktail of my choice on the proviso that the phone had to remain in the cocktail shaker. As you can imagine, the phone and case came out unscathed and I won a free cocktail - a Zombie if you were wondering!
James Morris, Leeds - 4th September 2013
When the phone is in this case can you still make calls with no problems, as I have been looking at a few reviews and some people are saying you need to use a hands free kit to make calls as the person on the other end of the phone cant hear you when the phone is in the case.
Ben, Chesterfield, Derbyshire - 21st August 2013
Got the case this morning and already given it a trial by fire, went for a run through my local woods and exposed it to puddles and dirt which it held its own. The case is a tight fit and helps to keep the phone secure against any bumps, which with my lifestyle is a must. The only room for improvement would be to have another holding spot for the headphone plug as it could be easily lost. I would recommend this case to anyone.
Jake, Brixham - 25th June 2013
Have just been on holiday and tried and tested it. It worked fantastically. It's been battered bruised under water you name it, tested it when I got back under controlled conditions and still 100% waterproof. I had doubts and trust issues after my holiday I no longer have these after jumping in sea twice and pool numerous times forgetting my phone was in shorts pocket.
Liam, Portsmouth - 13th May 2013