Staring at a Chocolate Skull stirs something deeply primal in all of us. Perhaps it’s the visual reference to our complicated and on-going (for most of us) process of evolution; our progression from monkey to man. Perhaps it’s the knowledge that you’re looking at 2.5kg of deliciousness.
It’s an eloquent and enticing reminder of our own mortality. Our delicious, chocolatey mortality.
Obtained by completely non-nefarious means (don’t ask) these confectionary craniums are moulded on an authentic human skull, meaning each one is mind-blowingly realistic. Available in three mouth-watering flavours of rich, high-quality Belgian chocolate, each skull weighs approximately 2.5kgs. Kept in a cool, dry place the Chocolate Skulls are edible for up to a year; making them an excellent cranial commodity or a remarkably delicious decoration.
Each skull is cast by hand in intricate detail, displaying the ravages of age as well as various timeworn scars and bumps. We asked our Firebox Forensic Team, but they were stumped, meaning that you get to make up your own bony backstory.
So whether you’re an Indiana Jones style adventurer, a fan of freaky phrenology or just planning a tasty tribute to Damian Hirst, no cranial collection is complete without a Chocolate Skull.
- Bone Chocolate: White Chocolate (25.9% cocoa solids, 23.7% milk solids), sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, soy lecithin added as emulsifier, natural vanilla and Milk Chocolate (33.6% cocoa solids, 21.8% milk solids) sugar, cocoa butter, dry whole milk, unsweetened chocolate, soy lecithin added as emulsifier, natural vanilla flavour, potassium carbonate.
- White Chocolate: (25.9% cocoa solids, 23.7% milk solids), sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, soy lecithin added as emulsifier, natural vanilla, cornstarch, cinnamon powder.
- Dark Chocolate: (53.8% cocoa solids), unsweetened chocolate, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin as emulsifier, natural vanilla flavour. May contain traces of milk protein.
- Please note: As each skull is hand cast, we can't guarantee that peanuts or traces of other nuts weren't lying around. Please exercise caution if at risk of allergy
- Each skull is made to order and includes a Certificate of Authenticity
- Three flavours include: Creamy and Delicious 'Bone Chocolate’, Decadent and Rich Dark Chocolate and Exotic Semisweet Chocolate
- Looks a bit like the horrifying remains of Augustus Gloop, if he hadn’t survived his trip up Willy Wonka’s chocolate pipe, and had been excavated years later from the fudge room
- Measures approximately 16cm(W) x 21cm(D) x 16cm(H)
- Weighs approximately 2.5kg
- Due to the nature of this product, we are unable to offer our usual 30-day, no-quibble returns policy, if you later change your mind, or otherwise decide to return the product through no fault of Firebox. Click here for more info.