Easter eggs. They’re just made with chocolate, right? Wrong. Because these days, chocolatey boffins are throwing all the rules out; and throwing all manner of yummy gubbins in. And we don’t mean raisins and healthy stuff. They’re doing it properly. Just take the Lemon Meringue Chocolate Egg, for example.
Sure, it’s made from rich milk chocolate, with an outer layer of white chocolate from the Dominican Republic. And yes, it’s decorated by skilled hands to appear like a traditional egg. But as we’re always being told, it’s what’s inside that counts. Crack it open and layered into the walls of this magnificent Easter treat are tangy curls of candied lemon peel and crunchy meringue pieces.
Didn’t expect that, did you! Oh you did? Well it is in the name, we suppose. But give this decadent treat to your friends and loved ones and it makes a great alternative to your usual mass-produced chocolatey offerings. Who knows, they might even share it if you’re lucky.
- Sugar, cocoa mass, whole milk powder, cocoa butter, soya lecithin, natural vanilla, lemon peel (lemon, glucose-fructose syrup, sugar, E330, dextrose) meringue pieces (sugar, egg albumen, wheat starch, vegetable fat) Milk chocolate: 44% (min) cocoa solids, 20% milk solids, white chocolate: 31%cocoa butter, 30% milk solids.
- Handmade milk chocolate egg
- Finished with an outer layer of white chocolate from the Dominican Republic
- Studded inside with tangy candied lemon peel & crunchy meringue pieces
- Measures approximately 13.5cm(H) x 7.5cm(Ø)