Alarm clock makers might disagree; but human beings haven’t evolved to spring awake at the sound of a clattering bell or digital beep. So why not wake yourself the way nature intended with the Lumie Bodyclock Active 250. This helpful digital clock will simulate a sunrise in your bedroom – even on a cold and drizzly winter morning – prompting your body to slow the production of sleep-inducing hormone melatonin and flooding your system with get-up-and-go cortisol (it says here).
More pleasant (and effective) than being shocked awake in a pitch black bedroom, this simple system will ease you back into the land of the living over 15, 20, 30, 45, 60 or 90 minutes. There’s a radio function, but for those that prefer a gentler wake-up call you can also set it to a dawn chorus of birds, or a single cock-crow. Thanks to Lumie Bodyclock Active 250 you can wake up with a smile on your face – bright, alert and ready for the day. How’s that for a dream come true?
Likewise, when you’re ready for bed, this clock can also treat you to a gentle, relaxing sunset. Soothing you to sleep, it’ll play the sounds of waves gently lapping on a beach or fill your room with sound-muffling white noise – great for drowning out the sound of traffic or loud neighbours. Set the timer to 15, 20, 30, 45, 60 or 90 minutes and the sounds and light will gently fade away as you drift off. *Yaaaawn*
- Bodyclock Active is an alarm clock that wakes you naturally, with a sunrise that gradually brightens over 15, 20, 30, 45, 60 or 90 minutes; choose the one that suits you.
- The light is a signal for your body to ease off production of sleep hormones (e.g. melatonin) and increase levels of those that help you get up and go (e.g. cortisol)
- At the end of the day, there's a 15, 20, 30, 45, 60 or 90 minute sunset to help you to naturally unwind ready for bed
- Bodyclock Active has a radio with digital tuning plus several other audio features to help you start your day feeling brighter or help you relax naturally before sleep
- Enhance your Bodyclock Active sunrise with a dawn chorus or a rooster wake-up call. Or, if you have trouble nodding off, there are 'white noise' and wave sounds to help lull you to sleep
- As well as providing you with dimmable bedside lighting, Bodyclock Active has a nightlight feature and a security option that turns the light on while you're away
- Using a dawn simulator like Bodyclock Active helps keep your sleep/wake cycle on track and has been shown to boost mood, energy and productivity levels for the whole day
- If you're not a 'morning person' Bodyclock Active is simply a much nicer way to wake up. It's also an effective winter blues option and a useful complement to a lightbox in treating more severe SAD
- Lumie invented the first dawn simulators and so Bodyclock Active benefits from a wealth of experience and customer feedback.
Bodyclock Active is covered by a 2-year warranty
- 15, 20, 30, 45, 60 or 90 minute sunrise & sunset
- FM radio with digital tuning
- Sounds for sleep and wake-up including: alarm beep, dawn chorus, rooster, waves and white noise
- Dimmable bedside lighting
- Snooze feature
- Fully dimmable display
- Back-up beeper
- Sun ray effect
- Power failure back-up
- 42W SES halogen bulb
- Measures approximately 22cm(W) x 14cm(D) x 19cm(H)
- Weighs approximately 1.02kg