Elevating a Bloody Mary into the realms of spicy deliciousness involves the careful mixing of several key ingredients. But who can be bothered with all that tomfoolery, especially with a hangover. No, what you need is a barrel of Little Devil Bloody Mary Spice Mix.
Created with the Bloody Mary connoisseur in mind, this 100% natural, handmade concoction is said to be the world’s first devilling essence, a liquid seasoning that adds heat, complexity and ‘umami’ to savoury food and drink.
Umami? Don’t you know? It’s an on-trend Japanese concept involving the ‘fifth taste’ of savouriness. Things with high umami levels include parmesan, anchovies and porcini mushrooms. Mmm, ripe! It really is deliciously tantalising.
We digress. The point is Bloody Spice will make both Bloody and Virgin Marys taste smooth, balanced and devilishly spicy. Just open the single-serving sachet and pour it on your vodka and tomato juice. No multiple condiment juggling required.
The recipe is a balanced blend of several premium quality ingredients, including Worcestershire Sauce, Tabasco, cayenne peppers, anchovy essence, celery salt, aged balsamic vinegar, lime, lemon, wasabi and black pepper. Try finding that lot in the cupboard at a drinks do.
With 24 sachets in each barrel you’ll be tempted to pour Bloody Spice into more than mere cocktails – and you should. Use it to add flavour to almost any savoury dish, from bolognese and baked beans to gazpacho and salsa. With its funky packaging and unique taste, Little Devil Bloody Mary Spice Mix makes a great gift for lovers of all things tomato-based. All you need now is a bottle of vodka and a mild hangover.
- Little Devil Bloody Mary Spice Mix has a nominal ambient shelf life of 18 months. In fact the product will last indefinitely as long as it is stored out of direct light.
- Bloody Mary cocktails are not suitable for children under 18 years (try a Virgin Mary instead!)
- Ingredients: Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce (Malt Vinegar, Spirit Vinegar, Mollasses, Sugar, Salt Anchovies, Tamarind Extract, Onions, Garlic, Spice, Flavouring), Chilli, Anchovy Extract, Balsamic Vinegar, Lime Juice, Wasabi, Sugar, Salt, Lemon Juice, Celery Seed, Spices.
- Allergy advice: Contains Celery, Fish and Naturally Occuring Sulphites.
- Vodka, Tomato Juice and Celery Stick sold separately
- A Sublime Bloody Mary every time and in seconds!
- Contains 24x14ml sachets of Little Devil Spice Mix.
- Also excellent for cooking tomato based dishes!
- Box measures approximately 14cm(H) x 8cm(W) x 8cm(D)
Please drink responsibly
- The Bloody Mary
The first ever Bloody Mary was mixed in 1921 by Fernand Petiot of Harry’s Bar in Paris. Over the years his mix of vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper has evolved into one of the world’s most widely drunk cocktails. The ultimate hangover cure and brunch essential, the Bloody Mary has become the quintessential daytime cocktail. To make a Little Devil Bloody Mary just add one pack (or one tablespoon) of Bloody Spice to 200ml of chilled tomato juice and 35ml of vodka. Garnish with celery, lime, cucumber and cherry tomatoes.
- The Virgin Mary
For the teetotal and under-age, this is the vodka-free version of the Bloody Mary (otherwise known as a Bloody Shame!). Little Devil has one before his run every morning - and he is as fit as a butcher's dog. Simply mix one pack (1 tablespoon) of Bloody Spice with iced tomato juice and a squeeze of lime.