Check your speed
Check your speed
Sorry, this product is not available.
Sorry! This product is no longer available
but the following accessories are still available while stocks last:
Saying you roared along a straight like The Stig on steroids, smashed the airspeed record with a free kick, and rocketed down the mountain at 200mph is one thing (okay, it’s three things but let’s not split hairs), proving it is another. Unless of course you’ve got the revolutionary Pocket Radar.
Watch our snowball
speed test video!
This cutting-edge gizmo is the world’s only pocket-sized speed radar, and it allows you to accurately measure the speed of anything from a cricket ball to a car to within 1mph. Simply point, shoot and check out the LED display in kph or mph. Amazing! It’s ideal for curious sports fans, athletes and trainers and even wannabe speed cops.
Capable of measuring the speed of a ball from up to 120ft, or a car from up to half a mile, the ultra slim Pocket Radar utilises Doppler radar signal sensing coupled with state-of-the-art intelligent target acquisition and…hold on a sec, who cares? All you need to know is its ace at measuring the speed of penalties down the park and cricket balls hurtling towards the pavilion. ‘94mph? Jolly good show!’
Point and shoot!
Remember to aim the lens directly inline with moving object
The speed reading will flash up on the LCD screen
Take this smart box of tricks to a Grand Prix or cycling meet and you’ll be reeling off speeds before old school anoraks have even fired up their traditional radar guns. Pop it in your pocket on the slopes and you can annoy boastful friends by revealing their distinctly underwhelming speeds just as they’re mouthing off about breaking the sound barrier. ‘Oh dear…only 26mph.’
Comes in a neat box with a strap
Totally idiot proof, the Pocket Radar comes complete with a hard shell case, 2xAAA batteries, wrist strap, quick start manual and one-year warranty. In fact the only thing it doesn’t come with is a ball. How fast? Prove it!
- Do not block. Aim lens directly inline with moving object
- K-Band Handheld Doppler Speed Radar
- Operating Frequency: 24.125 GHz
- Measures from: 7 MPH to 375 MPH (11 KPH to 600 KPH)
- Accuracy: +/- 1 MPH (+/- 2 KPH)
- Range: (Under good radar conditions, results may vary)
- Ball from 120 feet
- Car from 1/2 mile
- Battery Life: More than 10,000 readings on 2x "AAA" Alkaline Batteries
- Operating Temperature Range: 20 to 140 F (-6 to 60 C)
- Storage Temperature Range: -40 to 185 F (-40 to 85 C)
- Polarization: Vertical
- Instant on: From completely off and in your pocket to a speed measurement in less than 1 second
- Patent Pending Low-Noise Zero IF Receiver Circuitry
- High Stability Dielectric Resonator Oscillator
- High Speed DSP Technology
- Dual Microprocessors
- High-Gain Microwave Planar Antenna Array
- Memory Recall Function Ten Readings Deep
- MPH or KPH Display Modes
- Automatic Power Shutdown
- Easy to Use One-Button “Point and Shoot” Interface
- 1x Hard shell case
- 2x AAA batteries
- 1x wrist strap
- 1x quick start guide/manual
- 1 Year warranty
- 2x AAA batteries – included
- Product – measures approximately 11.5cm(L) x 5.7cm(W) x 1.8cm(D)
- Packaging – measures approximately 10.5cm(W) x 16.5cm(L) x 6.5cm(H)
- Weighs: 115g
You can use Pocket Radar to measure the speed of almost anything from a tennis ball to a jogger or car. It will even measure the speed of a wet sponge thrown down your hallway if you like! Do you want to measure the speed of a flying pigeon? - Well yes, it will do that too.
It looks just like a mobile phone so you can happily use it in a public place - nobody bats an eyelid. The accuracy and quality of this product is just amazing.
Oh, and by the way, I use mine to measure the speed of Railway Trains. It can measure an approaching locomotive from about half a mile away when it is little more than a distant headlight.
............What will you use yours for?
Christopher, Thornton-Cleveleys, Lancashire, UK. - 13th October 2011