When is a piggy bank not a piggy bank? When it’s a Hungry Hound Coin Bank of course. Already a hit amongst feverish yen hoarders in Japan, this barking mad savings receptacle resembles a shoe box with a friendly slobbering pooch on top. Drop a few coins into this dawg's bowl and he goes berserk, wolfing down your wonga in a disconcertingly frenzied manner.
Okay, he doesn’t actually swallow your money, he merely gobbles it into a little hole in his bowl. Indeed Choken Bako (as he’s known in Japan) is so enthusiastic he looks like he’s having a seizure. Maybe he is. It’s worth dropping in some shrapnel just to see this bonkers doggie doing his thing.
If only those greedy bankers had kept everyone’s money in a kennel-load of Hungry Hounds the global economic meltdown would never have occurred.
- Hungry Hound enjoys coins with a maximum diameter of 27mm
- Requires 2x AA batteries (not included)
- Feed this frantically hungry pooch your savings
- He snaffles up your money, storing it nice and safe in the box below him
- Won 'Gift of the Year' 2010
- Measures approximately 3.8cm(H) x 4.1cm(W) x 2.0cm(D)