Only happy when it rains
Sorry, this product is not available.
Collecting rainwater makes perfect sense, but why do it with some ugly old bucket when you can use a few Petal Drops? Socially developed by our idea-hugging friends at Quirky.com, these 100% recycled flower-shaped funnels screw onto any standard threaded bottle, channelling water inside. Clever, eh?
Fits neatly onto the bottle top
Yes, we know it rains all the time in dear old Blighty but you can use the collected rainwater to feed thirsty houseplants, fill your water pistol or refresh rain-dodging window boxes without bothering the tap. Besides, you were going to chuck those empty plastic bottles anyway.
As well as their practical, planet-hugging uses, Petal Drops will add a suitably quirky look wherever you choose to place them. Buy a load and your garden will resemble some kind of eco-friendly art installation – or a nightmare vision of the future when plastic petals have replaced real ones due to your wanton water wastage. Flower power? Not ‘alf!
Recycle plastic bottles
- Made by Quirky: A unique American social product development company that gives inventors a chance to get their product ideas into production. So any products you see on Quirky.com, you'll find them first and exclusively on Firebox.com.
- Made from 100% HDPE (recycled plastic)
- Sits nicely in the garden flower bed or on the patio
- Saves water usage by recycling rain water for plant consumption
- Fits standard drinks bottles
Would it not be even more eco-friendly to have the other half of the top, i.e. the space between the leaves, filled in with plastic? collect 2 times the water. ;).
Andrew, Edinburgh - 13th August 2010