The beginning of a beautiful friendship?
Sorry, this product is not available.
Dinosaurs were so dim-witted they didn't even have the brains to duck when that humungous asteroid smashed into the Earth. That's why we were sceptical when we heard about a highly intelligent prehistoric plaything called Pleo. We needn't have worried because this unbelievably cute little Camarasaurus is one of the most amazing robotic pets we've ever seen, and we've seen 'em all.
Happy and curious
Scared and surprised
Unlike other interactive creatures, Pleo is completely autonomous and totally unique. It explores its environment without any help from a controller, moves organically, interacts with its owner and expresses emotions based on its life experiences. It's just like owning a living, breathing creature. Incredible!
Pleo starts life as a hatchling and develops his own personality, habits and moods based on the time he spends with you. You'll be smitten the second this charming little critter opens its eyes, adjusts to the light and enjoys its first stretch. Pleo's natural disposition is happy and curious but his emotions change according to the way you interact with him. He might be playful and lively after a tug-of-war, scared and surprised during his first few days or sad and forlorn if you ignore him. He'll even limp if he's hurt and yawn when his rechargeable battery is low.
Pleo's training leaf
As Pleo becomes more aware of his surroundings he'll grow in confidence and start to display his abilities - and what abilities! With over 100 gears, 14 motors and a mega-sophisticated sensory system, including light, sound and motion sensors, Pleo can see, hear, touch and detect objects, move with incredible fluidity and even communicate by honking in dinosaur language (well that's what it sounds like to us).
Pleo Battery and Charging Station
If you've ever fancied raising a pet but can't be bothered with all that pooping and feeding business, Pleo is perfect. So forget about self-obsessed cats, drooling dogs and do-nothing goldfish. There's a new pet in town and its name is Pleo!
Whats inside Pleo:
a) Infrared Interrupter b) Infrared Transmitters and Receivers c) Colour Camera d) Front Speaker e) Chin Touch Sensor f) Head Touch Sensor g) Binaural Microphones h) Ground Sensors i) Front Leg Sensor j) Shoulder Touch Sensor k) Tilt and Shake Sensors l) NiMH Rechargeable Battery m) Rear Leg Sensor n) Rear Touch Sensors o) Force Feedback Sensors p) Rear Speaker
- Before you get started read the the Pleo Companion Guide
- Treat Pleo as you would any living creature - with care and respect
- Pleo disproves the popular theory that Denver was the last dinosaur
Every Pleo Life Form includes:
- Autonomous – no remote control
- Interacts with you
- Organic movement
- Expresses emotion
- Explores and responds to his environment
- Each Pleo has a unique personality that develops based on how he is raised
- Nearly 40 sensors
- Pleo weighs 1.5kg
- Significant Processing Power
- 2x 32-bit Microprocessors – central and image processing
- 4x 8-bit Subprocessors – motor control
- Highly Articulated Movement
- 14x Motors
- Over 100x custom-designed gears
- Complex Sensory Network
- Camera-based vision system – light detection and navigation
- 2x Microphones – binaural hearing
- 8x Skin sensors – head, chin, shoulders, back, legs
- 4x Foot switches – surface detection
- 14x Force-feedback sensors – one per joint
- Orientation tilt sensor – body position
- Infrared mouth sensor – object detection
- Multiple Data Ports
- Mini USB port – online downloads
- SD card slot – Pleo add-ons
- Infrared transceiver – Pleo-to-Pleo communications
- High-Quality Sound
- 2x Speakers – mouth and back
- Power Source
- Rechargeable and replaceable NiMH battery pack
- 1x Pleo
- 1x Quick Start Guide
- 1x Pleo Companion Guide
- 1x NiMH Reghargeable Battery
- 1x Charger
- 1x AC Adapter
- 1x Pleo Identity Card
- 1x Training Leaf
- Requires 1x NiMH Rechargeable Battery - included
- Pleo measures approximately 18cm(H) x 33cm(W) x 13cm(D)
I haven't bought one yet, but I also REALLY want one. I never had a pet growing up, but I just can't stand not having this!!!
Lastcrazyhorn@gmail.com, Texas - 24th August 2008
Actually amazing for people who want to have a pet but rent a flat!!! No mess, little noise and it wont bother your landlord!!
Alex, Banchory - 18th March 2008
I haven't actually got one yet but DUDE I gotta get this. My parents say I can't have a dog or a cat so here is the solution. Thank you Firebox, you RULE!!!!!!!!
Liam, Aberdeen,Scotland - 2nd February 2008