Chinese Lantern Balloons
Make a wish
Sorry, this product is not available.
Wishing upon a star is all well and good but the twinkly little blighters don't always want to come out. And that's a shame because starry skies always add a touch of magic to outdoor events, from weddings and festivals to garden parties and barbecues.
So how do you add an element of wonder to evening do's and illuminate the night sky without forking out thousands on fireworks? No, you don't wait for an eclipse or get guests to write their names in the dark with sparklers. You buy some jaw-droppingly beautiful Chinese Lantern Balloons.
These enchanting paper blimps are guaranteed to become the talking point of any evening soiree because they climb gently into the night sky like mini hot air balloons. Simply light the special wick, wait for a flame to form, make a wish and then watch in wonder as your balloon gradually ascends to the heavens, glowing as it rises.
For a truly magical effect, why not get a group of friends to light several Chinese Lantern Balloons simultaneously? The effect is so breathtaking it's not unlike watching ET, Close Encounters and a Pink Floyd concert at the same time. We guarantee guests will be blown away.
10 x Lanterns + Marker Pen
They might be new to Firebox but these enchanting lanterns have been around in various forms for yonks, and they are a popular feature at festivals across the Far East. The idea is to write your wish on the delicate paper surface before launching. The higher your lantern climbs the more likely the chance of your wish coming true.
Write your wish
Light the wick
Set it free!
Off the scale in terms of ooh-aah-factor, Chinese Lantern Balloons are ideal for countless night time events and they're infinitely more original than noisy fireworks. So what are you waiting for? Make a wish.
- Not suitable for children.
- Always keep water or fire extinguishers nearby.
- 10 x Paper Lanterns
- 1 x Marker Pen
- Each lantern approximately 94cm x 56cm
- Unpack Lanterns in a safe environment, away from any sources of ignition. Take care not to tear the delicate paper.
- Wear gloves and flame retardant clothing.
- Have a bucket of water and/or fire extinguisher handy.
- Children in the launch area must be kept under strict supervision at all times.
- No persons under the influence of alcohol should be involved in the handling or igniting of the Lanterns.
- Never smoke while handling the Lanterns.
- Check wind speed and ensure that the wind is not stronger than 5 mph.
- Check wind direction and ensure that the flight path is clear and Lanterns will not drift into buildings or trees.
- Do not release within 5 miles of an airport.
- Never use near airports, roads, dry standing crops, or in places where they may be misinterpreted as a distress signal.
- Never tether sky Lanterns, this often prevents the unit from remaining upright as the wind blows, causing the casing to ignite.
- Sky Lanterns are safe when used correctly but are not toys and should not be used by children.
Ah, Chinese Lantern Balloons... Shrouded in mystery. Many have purchased, but none returned to tell the tale... Yet! Will you be the first brave soul to Submit a Review?