Thanks to the coffee culture explosion, connoisseurs are now proactively seeking new twists on their beloved bean-based beverage. Cappa-this, frappa-that, double mocca frappa dingo - the permutations are endless.
But despite all the commotion surrounding these newfangled concoctions, it's gonna take more than a few choccy sprinkles and an injection of hot milk to get us frothing with excitement. And that's exactly what we told our roving product scouts when they returned from the depths of the Indonesian jungle claiming to have found the most extraordinary coffee in the world.
It's called Civet Coffee, also known as Kopi Luwak, and it comes from Sumatran cat poo.
Basically this feral feline prowls Sumatran coffee plantations at night, choosing to eat only the finest, ripest cherries. The stones (which eventually form coffee beans) are then collected by sifting through the Civet's number twos. Forming one of the world's finest blends.
Put the kettle on!
- Ingredients: 100% pure roasted whole Civet Coffee beans (Kopi Luwak).
- Serving: serve as regular coffee.
- Net Wt. 57g / 2oz
- Product of Sumatra, roasted in the UK.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Due to the nature of this product, we are unable to offer our usual 30-day, no-quibble returns policy, if you later change your mind, or otherwise decide to return the product through no fault of Firebox. Click here for more info.
- The suppliers (Edible) only sell and source Civet Coffee naturally collected on the floor or Coffee Plantations in Sumatra. They personally collect the coffee twice per year from a specific area and personally ensure the Coffee is not from captive Civets. Edible is linked directly to a Wildlife Conservation Charity - The Rare Species Conservation Trust and are one of the leaders in Endangered Civet Conservation and support work for wild Civets in Vietnam and South East Asia as a whole. They have a breeding and release program and conservation protection study in Asia. We have temporarily stopped selling the coffee while we seek clarification about this from Edible.