We’re looking for...
Linux Systems/Network Administrator
Firebox has a permanent vacancy for our Linux Systems Administrator. This is an extremely challenging role, as you will be in charge of the security, uptime, hardware and general maintenance of the entire technical infrastructure at Firebox, including:
- firewalls and network infrastructure (office and local data centre)
- database servers
- website servers
- mail servers
- file servers
- development environment servers
- general office IT
- internet connectivity
- miscellaneous systems, including phone system, office alarm system, etc
As well as having an excellent knowledge of the Linux OS and a passion for opensource, experience with OpenBSD PacketFilter, Postfix, OpenLDAP, IMAP and iptables is very desirable.
Main duties and responsibilities include the maintenance and upgrade of:
- Webservers (nginx/apache/varnish)
- Networks (OpenLDAP; TCP/IP networking; PF; CARP; DNS (bind); DHCP; OpenVPN; OpenSSH; IPSEC VPN)
- Firewalls and general network security
- Email servers (Postfix SMTP with antivirus and spam filtering; Cyrus IMAP email storage)
- Solaris file servers (ZFS; Samba; NFS; Zone management)
- Desktop and office equipment support (Windows 7, Mac OSX and Ubuntu desktops; printers; wifi)
- "Dual elephant" Stack; PHP and PostgreSQL
- Domain name management
- Enforcing PCI DSS Policy
- Managing cloud services
- Maintaining Alarm and Access lists
Other desirable skills:
- KVM Hypervisors
- OpenBSD/RHEL Linux
- Scripting and version control (Bash, Ruby, PHP w/ Git)
- Infrastructure monitoring (Zabbix)
- Configuration management (Chef)
- GnuPG Experience
This role is extremely varied, and you will need to grasp a large variety of different technologies.
You will be based at our Shoreditch office (map
) but occasionally be required to attend the data centre (also in Shoreditch).
Firebox is a 16 year young, profitable and growing company. We create and find amazing products from across the globe and offer great customer service. We're looking for a great sys admin to join our small technical team.