specific to that mobile app.
WHO WE ARE
- We are Firebox.com Ltd (“Firebox”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 3874477), with a registered office at 21-27 Lamb’s Conduit Street WC1N 3GS. We are registered with the Information Commissioner in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”, Data Protection Registration no. Z4645092. For the purposes of the Act we are the data controller of your personal data.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- When you place an order with us, or interact with our website we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to us (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address, contact and bank / credit card details). We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use.
- Some examples of how information may be collected by us:
- Information you provide us: we receive and store information that you submit when using our website or that you provide us in any other way (for example by email or telephone). This information may be provided when ordering from us (via our website or by telephone); entering competitions; registering an account on our website; accessing your account; querying order status; or by submitting text/photo/video reviews of us and our products.
- Information automatically provided: we receive, process and store certain information whenever you interact with our website. Like many websites, we use “cookies” (see the ”Cookies” section below) and obtain certain information automatically when your web browser accesses our website. Information automatically received by us includes the IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system and internet connection details; purchase history (which we may aggregate with other shoppers to form the “Firebox Top 50”); clickstream/path analysis of your journey through our website; and products you searched for. We may also use software tools to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks).
- Email communications: to help us make our email newsletter more useful and interesting for our customers we attempt to receive a confirmation when you open and click on email newsletters from us (if your email software/service supports this option). If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
- Telephone calls: From time to time we monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service to you.
- Information from 3rd parties: we may receive information about you from other sources and add this to our account information. For example we update address information using data from third parties (including the Royal Mail “Change of Address” File), which we may use to correct our records and deliver your next catalogue to the correct updated address.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
- Information is kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
By making an order and/or submitting your data to us you agree to this use.
- process and deliver your order via the services of our nominated fulfiment partner; by placing an order you are giving permission to pass on the necessary details to our nominated fulfiment partner to enable delivery of your order. In order to dispatch your order our nominated fulfiment partner will pass only the necessary data to the appropriate carrier for delivery & tracking;
- provide customer support services to you;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service;
- help prevent fraud (eg. we may check payment card details with our credit agency, who may keep a record of that information, and reserve the right to refuse orders on that basis. Your credit rating can be checked for a nominal fee with the main UK agencies Equifax and Experian);
- verify your age, in the event you are purchasing age-restricted products such as bladed items or alcohol;
- open and run your Firebox customer account;
- administer prize draws; or
- provide a more personal shopping experience.
- We use the latest security measures to protect your details when you shop with us. We use 128-bit SSL Software to encrypt your credit/debit card information when you place an order on our secure server, which means that only we are able to decrypt the information in order to process your transaction. Please click here for more information on security and credit card safety while shopping on our website.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHO ELSE MAY SEE YOUR DATA
- In order to complete your order we may need to disclose some of your information to our delivery partners including Royal Mail, TNT Post, DPD, Parcel Force, UPS, arvato our fulfilment partner and their affiliates.
- If you order a product marked “Direct Despatch” then we will need to pass your delivery information to our manufacturers as they will be shipping directly to you.
- If you order personalised products which are made to order based on information that you provide, then we will need to provide this information (including delivery details) to our manufacturers for the purpose of creating the personalised product to your specification.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS - FIREBOX
- When ordering from Firebox, entering competitions or otherwise interacting with us we may give you the chance to subscribe to our email newsletter. We promise not to bombard you with emails - to make it worth your while we only get in touch when we truly have interesting news to share.
- If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter or by clicking here.
- We may also from time to time send you our “Firebox Catalogue” by post to the invoice address specified when placing your order. If you do not wish to receive further catalogues please click here to unsubscribe.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS - 3RD PARTY
- When you place an order with Firebox we may ask you to consent to other reputable companies contacting you BY POST about future offers, events and new Products or related activities that you may find useful or of interest.
- If you no longer wish us to do this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
- If you have any concerns over receiving unsolicited post you can join the Mailing Preference Service and your name should be removed from the lists held by responsible direct mail companies. An application form can be filled out online at www.mpsonline.org.uk.
THIRD PARTY LINKING
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Cookies are a technology which can be used to provide you with tailored information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser, which may then store it on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
- We use the cookies for the following purposes:
- site administration;
- operation of our website. These include, for example, cookies that allow you to log into our website or use the website’s shopping basket;
- recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- completing the user’s current activity;
- research and development.
- To find out more about cookies including how to manage your cookie settings, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- email to email@example.com
- post at Firebox, 6.10 The TEA Building, 56 Shoreditch High Street, London E1 6JJ;
- fax to 020 7197 1279; or
- by telephoning (UK) 0800 044 5010 or (International) 0044 20 33683410 between the hours of 9.00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND PRIVACY SEALS
- P3P policies declare the data they collect in groups (also referred to as “statements”). This policy contains 2 data groups. The data practices of each group will be explained separately.
DATA GROUP “NAVIGATION”
- We collect the following information:
- URI of requested resource;
- Request timestamp;
- HTTP cookies; and
- Full IP address.
- This data will be used for the following purposes:
- Completion and support of the current activity;
- Web site and system administration; and
- Research and development.
- This data:
- will be used by us and our agents;
- has been marked as non-identifiable. This means that there is no reasonable way for the site to identify the individual person this data was collected from; and
- is requested so that we can monitor the ease-of-use of our website, in order that we may make improvements to its structure and content, as well as to gauge the appeal of any special offers we present to customers.
DATA GROUP “SHOPPING”
- We collect the following information:
- Full IP address;
- HTTP cookies;
- Purchase information; and
- Physical contact information
- This data will be used:
- for completion and support of the current activity; and
- by us and our agents. In addition, third parties providing delivery services will receive this information.
- We require this information (including the name, address and payment method) from our customers when they decide to purchase an item from us.
COMPACT POLICY SUMMARY
- The compact policy which corresponds to this policy is:
CP="NON DSP COR CURa ADMa DEVa OUR DELa IND PHY ONL UNI PUR COM NAV"
- The following table explains the meaning of each field in the compact policy.
||This is the compact policy header; it indicates that what follows is a P3P compact policy.|
No access is available to collected information.
The policy contains at least one dispute-resolution mechanism.
Violations of this policy will be corrected.
The data is used for completion of the current activity.
The data is used for site administration.
The data is used for research and development.
The data is given to ourselves and our agents.
The data is given to delivery services.
The data will be kept indefinitely.
Physical contact information is collected.
Online contact information is collected.
Unique identifiers are collected.
Purchase information is collected.
Computer information is collected.
Navigation and clickstream data is collected.
- The compact policy is sent by the Web server along with the cookies it describes. For more information, see the P3P deployment guide at http://www.w3.org/TR/p3pdeployment.