3" and 4" tins available
's unique properties mean it doesn't react quite like any other substance known to man. It will bounce, but with enough force it will also shatter. It will stretch, but you can also tear and snap it. And as if that weren't enough, this miraculous substance now even glows in the dark
! As David Coleman used to say, "Quite remarkable
Thinking Putty is completely unique and now, thanks to Firebox, you can own a tin packed with around 90g
of the stuff, ready to put to work for whatever cause you see fit.
Remember: there's very little that can't be achieved with a tin of Thinking Putty and the bare minimum of effort:
- It bounces...
- It stretches and squishes...
- It lifts print from newspapers...
- It snaps, crackles and pops...
- It shears and tears...
- It melts and drips...
- It even shatters!
Thinking Putty is perfect for stress and tension relief, as a desktop or office toy and as a cure for boredom
Watching people react to Putty is truly a unique experience. Maybe you just look at it, hesitant to touch something that might be "sticky" or "gooey". Perhaps you aren't comfortable playing with a toy in front of your workmates? Eventually, though, your subconscious wins over, it'll be in your hands, and you'll never put it down! Squeezing, stretching, and shaping. You won't even realize it's there! As it melts your stress away your creative potential
will be unleashed!
...Once you pick Thinking Putty up, you won't put it down.
How does it do that?!
Thinking Putty is a dilatant compound, (which means it becomes solid under the influence of pressure), and it displays four different properties on four different time scales:
The complicated answer to all this: click here.
- At very long timescales, it behaves like a liquid spreading out onto a flat surface.
- At moderate timescales, Thinking Putty stretches like a plastic solid.
- At short timescales, it bounces like an elastic solid.
- At very short timescales (the impact of a high-speed projectile), Thinking Putty simply shatters.